One of our favorite places to be is in the kitchen. We love to bake and cook and it all stemmed from our mom's passion of cooking. She would find a recipe that she loved, and then make it all year long. We used to say, "That was the year of the cheesecakes" or "That was the year of cinnamon rolls." Some of our fondest memories revolve around cooking together in the kitchen. We love to get together as family and contribute our best recipes for the meal. And we are constantly calling each other saying, "You've got to try this recipe!" We'd like to share our favorite recipes with you. So, happy cooking, happy baking, happy eating, and then happy exercising afterwards to burn those calories!


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Easy Peach Cobbler

When my husband and I were first married, we lived in an apartment next to our friends the Bagleys. Kara was an amazing cook (she actually has her own SUPER HEALTHY recipe blog that you can find here) and she had made us this recipe. I immediately asked for it, and it has become a family favorite and an often requested recipe. So easy to make that I had my daughter make this one for me as I prepared dinner. I always keep these ingredients on hand in case company comes at the last minute.

Easy Peach Dessert

(Sorry that the cobbler is drowning in the softened Cool Whip. So much for a dollop! I do, however, prefer my cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream, but didn't have any on hand).

INGREDIENTS:

- 4 to 5 cans of peaches (I've surprisingly found that the "No Sugar Added" tastes better with this recipe)

- 1 tsp. nutmeg

- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

- 1 box yellow cake mix

- 1 cube margarine, melted (this is one of the FEW recipes that I like Imperial margarine over real butter. It gives it a slightly richer color, and for some reason, I like the taste of it better. Obviously real butter would taste great too!)


DIRECTIONS:
Drain peaches and pour into a 9x13 pan. Add nutmeg and cinnamon to the peaches and stir. Sprinkle cake mix on top. Then drizzle melted margarine on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.




1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This looks lovely! Have never had a cobbler before and I'm keen to try it.
    Just a quick question, when you say 'yellow cake mix', is that a packet sponge mix that you would normally add eggs/milk etc to? I am reading this in England and cake mixes are not at all common here, but I do remember seeing a packet of sponge mix in a supermarket.Also, how much is a packet ion weight?
    Can't wait to try it!
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete